Time once again for the CONCACAF Champions' League games. This was our second game of the tournament, but first home game. We lost 0-1 in Costa Rica. This team was from Panama. I will say, when a player is on the field injured (even if he is faking it), I really don't like it when the fans start booing. I just think it's uncalled for. I think the excessive time wasting and diving is a completely different story. After their goalie went down for the second time, we learned that even if you bumped heads with your own player, apparently the key to a quick recovery is to have one of your teammates pump your legs while you lay on the field. It was quite interesting. I really wasn't impressed when their player started yelling at the ball boy to bring the ball to him, especially when the ball boy was following the instructions of the lineman to keep put and our goalie came over to claim it. To me, Man of the Match was definitely Paulo Jr. He was key in both goals. I wish he would have scored one himself, but he was a real pest for them. He was just on fire. I think our goal for the next game, other than a win, should be no red cards. We are two for two in this tournament. I will still make the call for fair refereeing. We had players getting smacked and kneed in the face with nothing happening to the aggressor. The best quote of the night, however, was when our goalie stated that their trainer probably ran more than any of the players. End result is 2-0 in our favor with Sabo and Beckerman scoring. For the day, it puts us at the top of our bracket, which is where we need to be in order to progress in the tournament. If we keep playing like they did last night, even with our makeshift backline - who actually did a pretty amazing job - then we should be able to do quite well.
Grabavoy also came close hitting the post.
Happier times before the red card. He'll definitely be missed next game - I think it's in Panama.
Part of his goal celebration.
Well deserved pats on the back for Paulo. It was sad that Mansally had to leave with an injury, making the makeshift backline even more makeshift, but they totally made it work!











No comments:
Post a Comment