So, I know that November is the month when everyone celebrates what they are thankful, and I really and truly do have a lot to be thankful for, but I was really glad to have it over with. I don't think my body could take much more. The flowers were definitely one of the highlights of the month. They came from a former foster parent to thank me for all of the work I did on the case they worked with me on - it was a very hard case, and may continue to be so. But, they were so beautiful and it was fun to share them with my family over Thanksgiving. Having Tyson was also a highlight, but in between there were some things I really wished I hadn't had to experience.1. Being attached by a ten year old client. All we were trying to do was get him checked into his placement - which he ran from and then proceeded to ram the desk chair into me when I prevented him from leaving the room to run again. It was not a great first meeting. Result - the following day I got to file for workman's comp, go to the doctor, and discover I had a bruised abdomen and bruised ribs. Technically, they gave me a day and a half off, however, since it was Tuesday and Thursday was Veterans' Day actually got to take the rest of the week off. It's amazing how quick cabin fever sets in when you are told you have to be home verses when you choose to be home.
2. Then the winter storms came in - I hate snow! I will count it as a blessing that I left early to go to Mom and Dad's so I missed driving in most of it. The weatherman warned it would come in at 3 and it hit right on the dot, right as I was getting into Mom and Dad's town. It was pretty to watch coming down, but getting my stuff out of my car was not fun. Dad was very nice to me and cleaned my car off for me on Friday - it was pretty much buried.
View from Mom and Dad's basement window.
And from the front porch.
And the day after results.
Apparently it didn't hit so much where I live, but it was in full force at the parents' home.3. The final thing was also snow related. As I was driving back to my office from court in a state car, I apparently hit a patch of black ice and spun the car out of control. Fortunately, it didn't hit any other cars. I did hit the barrier of the highway, deploy the side airbag, and total the state car. None of those things were on my agenda for the day. Neither was watching the highway patrol drive over the headlight, watching the salt truck come by while I was waiting for the snow plow, seeing everyone speeding past me, and riding in the cage of the police car. Then, I got to do workman's comp again and go back to the same doctor's office. Again, just a lot of bruises. One day of workman's comp. And, just that morning I had been thinking I was finally feeling like normal again. So much for that thought. I am happy to say that I am not nearly as sore as I thought I would be, but still definitely hurt. Going up to Crystal Hot Springs to soak in the mineral springs helped out immensely. Then it was back to work and just hoping and praying December ends much better than November went.
1 comment:
I am hoping you have a better and much SAFER month this month as well!!
Post a Comment