24 December 2008

Christmas Letter

I sent this out to people whose contact info I had - some came back whether it was e-mail or mail - so I figured I'd put it on here as well. If you did get it, then I guess just skip this post. Anyway, if you'd like to be added to the e-mail/mail list for next year, just send me a message. (I'm a little anal so I left my contact information off when I did this cut and paste.)

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

It’s been a few years since I’ve done a letter and this year for whatever reason, I am feeling particularly nostalgic and decided to do the letter thing. I realize that some of the addresses I have are old and there have been name changes, so I hope things get to the right people.

It’s been a good year. I’ve been able to do a little traveling, go to a few plays, and just been moving along. The highlight of my year was definitely my trip out to Virginia. I got to spend three weeks with Jen and Will and do a lot of sightseeing. I also decided to a little bit of an adventure and take the train out. The only downside to this to me was that any little thing makes the train late. While out there we saw the DC sights, went to the temple, Monticello, Mount Vernon, Montpelier, Virginia War Memorial, Maymont, and the list goes a little bit longer. Plus, I did some home improvement with Jen as we tried to finish up some of her wood-flooring project.

I added a little culture to my life by going to several plays this year at various venues. I got to see Saturday’s Warrior/The White Star, The Drowsy Chaperone, Footloose, Big, High School Musical, and Plaid Tidings. It’s been fun.

Work has been the usual roller coaster. I am into my sixth year at Division of Child and Family Services. I am pretty sure that there is some kind of mental health diagnosis for that, but that’s where life is at this point. For further sanity savers (and the sad reality that if I have too much spare time, I watch way too much television), I am also in year two at Build A Bear. Yes, my stuffed animal collection has increased since this job.

I started this year working in the Primary Presidency in my ward. It was such a fun calling. I got to work with some amazing ladies in the presidency as well as some fabulous people in the various callings needed in the Primary. And, of course, the kids made it so much more interesting and fun. I am ending the year as the Ward Choir Director. It’s dangerous to send me into a music store, but it’s a new challenge for me. Some days I feel more up to it than others.

Of course, the other big highlights this year would be any time I can spend with my family. I love them and so appreciate all the support from them. And let’s be honest, the highlight of the family gatherings now are figuring out whatever entertainment is brought out by the nieces and nephews (AJ, Zach, Maya, Logan, Brooklyn, and Briley).

I hope all have a happy holiday season and best wishes for the New Year. I look forward to continued contact and renewal of friendships. I’ve included my contact information for that (as well as admitting that I am now addicted to Facebook and can be found there).

1 comment:

Victoria said...

Hi Wendy! I got your Christmas Letter. Sounds like you're having fun! I'm doing well and am still in Logan and working at USU.
Thanks for keeping in touch!
Tori