20 December 2008

Ottley Family Christmas Party

Last year we decided to start a new family tradition. Instead of people having to try to figure out which side of the family they are supposed to be spending Christmas/Christmas Eve with, we had a family party the Saturday before Christmas. It worked so well, we decided to do it again. We had a brunch with lots of food and wonderful company. I truly am so lucky to not worry about not getting along with family when we get together. So, enjoy the pictures and welcome to some of our traditions (and, yes, I did actually leave some pictures out. I may not like being in the pictures, but I really do enjoy taking them.).AJ and Brooklyn. This holiday we actually got to see Brooklyn's eyes. She's pretty cute, and AJ was really good with her.
One of my favorite moments. Toddler on one side; baby on the other. Briley was doing some practice for her role as big sister. She has "binky patrol" under control.
Logan was much more interested in the sweet treat. He can watch his sister at home.
I'm not sure what AJ found so funny, even though I was sitting right next to her. I had to watch Briley and make sure she wasn't too zealous with the binky!
Let the eating begin!
Not everyone looks really into the food, but trust me, it was really good and there was plenty of it!
Russ takes a turn with Brooklyn, which bring some other admirers - AJ, Maya, and Briley.
It's not everyday you're given permission to tear up paper - so take advantage when it happens.
Almost ready. At one point, Logan was participating, but then he decided to take more of a supervisor role.
I just had to include this one because of Logan's face - who knows what was going through his little mind.
There's one use for the training potty. We never now what she's going to do next!
The reason fro the torn newspaper - the oven mitt/dice game. It really is quite fun - and playing with someone on your la just adds to the level of difficulty. I loved it!
The hand off between Zach and Aimee.
Logan took over rolling for me - and then claimed any prizes. That worked out well, since I don't think Brandon (his daddy) ever got doubles for a chance in the paper.
Making sure there weren't any more prizes in the basket/paper. Yes, I stuck Logan in the middle of it. He seemed to enjoy it for a little bit.
Opening gifts.
Zach shows off his new ornament. It's fitting. He was Darth Vader for Halloween this year - or so I'm told.
AJ models her new dress.
Maya informed us she got "just what she wanted." That's always good.
Hollie cuddles with Briley who cuddles with her new baby. She kept calling her "Sweetheart." I don't know who was more excited about the Cabbage Patch Kid - Hollie or Briley.
Logan's big gift. Yes, he is in shorts. His dad pointed out he couldn't really get after him and tell him no when Logan chose his clothes that morning. It would have been too hypocritical of him.
Logan guards his scooter. Briley loves to move this little stool around (that would be the same stool we believe Logan jumped off at Thanksgiving time which resulted in the emergency room trip. Maya is in outfit number one in the background.
A close up of the full outfit.
Zach's finished graham cracker creation.
Aimee/Logan's finished product.
Russ, Shauntell, and Maya all worked on this one.
Hollie and Briley's finished product.
AJ did her's all on her own.
Enjoying Brandon's new toy - a remote control helicopter. . .
which he didn't actually have too much control over as he hit Logan in the mouth with it. Fortunately, it was more of a shock than anything else.
Zach with his Transformers (yes, all the toys that were popular when I was a kid are now being played with by my nieces and nephews).
Briley modeling my boots. It does seem like I'm always having to reclaim something from her!
I'll take a picture when there is this much cuteness involved!
Giving baby Brooklyn kisses.
Trying to hold Brooklyn on her own - with some help from Grandma. And, making sure she has her binky!
And then there were two two-year olds trying to make sure Brooklyn had her binky, whether she needed it or not! She really was a good sport about that.

No comments: