11 January 2009

Ward Conference

It was ward conference today. Usually I don't write much about meetings, but there were some pretty good lessons so I figured I'd go ahead and share (and I got to go back into the Primary to sub and learn lessons with the 4/5 year olds, which is always interesting). The choir got to sing. I was a little bit nervous because with our schedule now our practice is after church, I wasn't there last week, and the past two weeks there hasn't been a good turn out at choir practice. Fortunately, we were doing my favorite (and very familiar) hymn so it was pretty easy to hand out the arrangement on a small piece of paper and have the choir wing it. It went really good. In case you're curious, this is what we did:

"How Great Thou Art"
First verse: All on melody
Second verse:
First and second lines - Sopranos
Third and fourth lines - add Altos
NO CHORUS
Third verse:
First and second lines - add Tenors
Third and fourth lines - add Basses
Chorus - all parts
Fourth Verse: all parts, a capella

When Bishop Pullan spoke, he made an observation about two very important words. He used it in reference to how we come into sacrament meeting, but I think it could be applied to other areas of our lives. Those words are SILENT and LISTEN. In case you didn't notice, it's the same six letters in both words.

President Walker, our Stake President, gave us three life lessons from three random people:
1. Just calm down.
2. If you really want it, the cost doesn't matter.
3. (In reference to where you are, what you're wearing, etc.) Does it make you feel comfortable in the places you shouldn't be and uncomfortable in the places you should be?

Some tidbits to think about.

1 comment:

Shannon Allen said...

I really enjoyed these thoughts. Thanks for sharing them.

Hey do you ever hear from Northrip?