15 May 2009

A Little Bit of Heaven

Every now and then you just really need to treat yourself - so I did. I had some time and decided I deserved some pampering and tried a new place. It was well worth it!
I've done the spa thing before, but this is the first one I went to where they had you get into the nice, comfy, big robe then go sit in the "meditation" room while you waited for your person to come get you. I am not a big fireplace person, but I have to admit it was quite nice to sit next to one in a comfortable chair and listen to the water running. I was already tons more relaxed just doing that part of things.

This is the treatment I chose:
Native American Body Balancer
An exfoliating mix of sea salts, dried herbs & shea butter are vigorously massaged into the skin. The healing synergy remains on the skin to help purify and cleanse during a steam bath. Finished with a cooling shower and application of herbal body butter, both skin and spirit are revitalized.

I felt just about like butter by the time I was done and my skin was SOOO soft. It was pretty impressive. After each treatment, you can choose to go back to the meditation room, do a sauna, or do another steam shower. I realized I still had to drive home and I just wasn't sure I could handle being much more relaxed and still drive.
So if you're looking for a place to unwind, I highly recommend this place (yes, it is pricey, but actually pretty comparable to other places I've looked at, but the other places didn't have the extra perks).

No comments: