I work in a job where I don't always get to see the very best of people, so when good things happen I absolutely have to share the story. A couple of weeks ago, I got a random phone call from a guy, I think he said his name was Steve but I really can't be sure of that because I wasn't really paying that much attention. He told me he had found a wallet and my card was in it. He told me the name of one of my clients and asked if there was a way to get it back to her. I know I am not always the most trusting (again, partly a byproduct of my job), especially in this case where there was domestic violence and possible sex abuse of a child and a current protective order and I've never met or seen the guy, so I told him to go ahead and bring it into my office and I would return it to her. He confirmed my address and then I didn't see or hear from him so I didn't really think anything of it. Then last week, I had a package in my box with no return address. It was my the wallet. (It was, in fact, a Tinkerbell wallet so I had to add a picture of that.) The coolness of the story doesn't end there. I went through the wallet to make sure it really was my client's and there were still her credit cards, social security cards, and cash. I was so excited. It was such a great experience to return it to her and tell her the story. The first words out of her mouth were "Now I can buy diapers." It was an issue since she couldn't get a new driver's license because she didn't have her social security card and she couldn't get a new social security card because she didn't have a picture id. It was completely a faith restored story for me. I really needed that happy ending. I hope there are a lot more people like that out there.
No comments:
Post a Comment