Since Jen was in town, we decided to do a girl's night out - but none of us bothered to actually bring out our cameras. Not sure what we were thinking there. It felt good to be able to get together with Mom and all my sisters (it's hard to add the in-law part when they feel so much like they were meant to be in our family). First off was dinner at Mimi's Cafe - so good. The other great part to this was they had soup and soft foods so Aimee could actually eat since she's still in recovery from her jaw surgery. Then we went to Desert Star to see My Big Fat Utah Wedding - so good and so funny. We laughed and had a great time. As an added bonus, since Mom's former co-worker's son was in the play, he gave us a quick tour of the building with a few extra stories for us. I do realize how lucky I am to have such an amazing family where the the line between natural siblings and in-laws is just about non-existent - although it does make people look twice if I tell them I have four sisters and four brothers.
The play was so good, I went back a couple weeks later with friends from job number two. What I thought was funny, as I was getting my tickets, I heard the lady behind be asking for her tickets. Turns out it was the former co-worker of Mom's. I just had to laugh about that - and call Mom to tell her this had happened. This is definitely one of my favorite places to go for a good night of laughs.
No comments:
Post a Comment