14 August 2010

Little Bit of Rivalry

I know that not everyone feels that Real deserved to go to the playoffs last year, let alone wake it all. Well, at the beginning of the season, apparently the goalie for the Columbus Crew made some comments to the effect that they considered themselves to be the true champions because they won the Supporter's Shield (which means you finished the season with the most points - and, oh yeah, Real were the ones to beat them in the first round of playoffs - with not only the most goals scored, but winning both games). So, whether or not this really was a rivalry, it was being treated as one. No one likes to here they didn't deserve something. As usual, it was a fun game. The crowd was a little bit insane.
Javier Morales scored one of his goals.
Which would be why they kept trying to take him down.
Captain Kyle Beckerman not happy with whatever the call was.
I have no idea how this guy got that high (I refer to him as Wolowitz with a mullet, think Big Bang Theory, but know that's not his actual name). Will Johnson is holding his own.
Our hero for the evening. It was a 2-0 win, and I believe that he is the one who scored both goals. After the game, their goalkeeper told the press his statement was in reference to them, not our team. Since I wasn't there for the original interview and am a Real fan, I have a hard time believing him, but have a really easy time believing he was just trying to backtrack after the defeat. I wonder what the comment would have been had they won.

No comments: