01 February 2009

Super Bowl Party

In all honesty I really could care less about the Super Bowl and was actually pretty impressed with myself that I even knew who was playing. But a few years ago, Russ started hosting a party. I don't know whether or not he's intending for it to become a tradition, but I know he's had it for the last three years. Last year I wasn't able to attend because of snow issues - minor blizzard like weather - but this year I went up. He does really well at having us playing games so that we are a little more involved. I got to play with kids and hold Brooklyn. It was pretty impressive that she mainly stayed asleep when everyone was screaming during a few of the plays. Of course, as long as I had her, I had Miss Briley checking in. She's pretty good at squeezing herself between whoever she needs to in order to be next to "baby Booklyn." Logan and Briley took turns being entertained with my camera. I deleted several photos. I don't need remembrances of Brandon's chest, Aimee's leg, and various other body parts of whoever happened to be available. It was a good game, but my favorite part of the whole show was the half-time show when Bruce Springsteen slid into the camera man. Briley and Maya. Maya wasn't necessarily in the best of moods. She explained to me early on that her brother, Zach, had broken her heart by hitting her head. The only thing that would make her better would be her daddy taking her to the doctor. When I asked what would happen if her daddy couldn't take her to the doctor right then her response was, "He's just going to have to." Needless to say, there was no trip to the doctor for a broken heart and she wasn't at her very happiest for most of the night.
The next few pictures would be Logan's contributions:
Getting a good picture of his Daddy (I had lots of close-ups of his chin and chest).
Zach, Brian, and Hollie. So we didn't quite get the whole shots. But Logan is only two (he turns three on the 23rd).
And we taught him to aim the camera a little bit higher (and amazingly I didn't get a lot of pictures of the ceiling).
And he got his Mommy.
And Mommy a little more off guard.
With Angie and Camille in the background.
Then I got my camera back for a little bit.
Brandon with his prize - some pom poms.
Logan worked, sort of, with his Daddy to get the Monster puzzle together.
Daddy and son.
And you can tell Briley was in charge of the camera at this point because he fingers are in almost all of the pictures!
Aiming for her Daddy.
And I think this go around most of her pictures were not usable. I did get a really good picture of the top of her Dad's head.
Our little beauty showing her dimples. I almost got her full smile (she's going to be a big sister in May to a little brother; hope she likes him as much as she likes Brooklyn).
She finds a new game - standing on the arm rest and falling on whoever is next to her - in this case it would be Grandpa.
We were trying to talk her out of it,but she wasn't really buying it.
Zach shows off his fancy football toothpicks.

1 comment:

thepworth said...

All you were missing were the jello shots!