Whenever I get a new foster care case, I wonder how it will end and really what the best case scenario will be. In an ideal world, it would be reunification with parents and everything would be safe and happy and would be about as worry free as it could be. I don't work in an ideal world - in fact that would be the end of my job (and that would not be a bad thing). Then you go to the next ideal - adoption. Today, I got to be a part of not one, but two adoptions. Both of these kids were adopted by an aunt and uncle. It can be so difficult to try to keep emotions in check while doing adoptions. It's even harder when the dads start to cry. But it's so worth it and so wonderful and I am always excited to be a part of that day.

The first adoption of the day was for Mr. Trever. Judge
Hornak really is hidden back there with the rest of the family. Trever has been waiting for this day for over three years. He was so excited and he deserved to be. His family was ready to make it legal - it's been official and emotionally there already, but he's known the difference and it's not there anymore.

Then we ran out to Judge Decker to finalize Nichole's adoption. I swear everyone in the courtroom was crying. I know the Judge was fighting back the tears as well. Nichole has been adamant since the start of her case over two years ago that she wanted to remain with her aunt and uncle and did not want to return home. Today, she got her wish. It was such a special and wonderful day. It was an absolutely fabulous way to end the work week from job one.
No comments:
Post a Comment