I am the lucky one in my family to get to deal with allergies, however, I have always been fortunate that it's environmental stuff. Well, last week, apparently between lunch and dinner, my body decided it might be changing that. I started having a reaction while at work - sorry if I scared anyone there - as we were closing. Near the end of the night, I just shut down. I was ready to cry, which is hard when you are already having issues with breathing, not because I was feeling bad, which I was, but because I had no idea what was going on. I knew it was a reaction because I have had them before but I wasn't around any of my usual triggers, no new lotions, no new soaps/detergents. It was extremely frustrating. Fortunately, I was able to get into the allergist in the morning. Long story short - not really - I may have an allergy to peanuts. I am not allowed to have any nuts for a few weeks. Then, when I feel like I can be off all my drugs for five days, I can go in and be tested for that. I SOOOOO hope this isn't it. I live on peanut butter and can honestly say this is not a new craving for me. However, in the meantime, I have developed a paranoia about what my fries are being cooked in and what the ingredients are in my food. (Okay, so I had a blond moment when I bought my cereal and was smart enough to not buy the banana nut Cheerios, but for some reason that didn't extend to honey nut Cheerios, and I didn't catch on to that until two days later.) Any way, I am hoping to have that answer prior to our cruise and am really, really hoping it's not something I'll have to watch any more after that.
17 January 2010
Hoping it Isn't True
I am the lucky one in my family to get to deal with allergies, however, I have always been fortunate that it's environmental stuff. Well, last week, apparently between lunch and dinner, my body decided it might be changing that. I started having a reaction while at work - sorry if I scared anyone there - as we were closing. Near the end of the night, I just shut down. I was ready to cry, which is hard when you are already having issues with breathing, not because I was feeling bad, which I was, but because I had no idea what was going on. I knew it was a reaction because I have had them before but I wasn't around any of my usual triggers, no new lotions, no new soaps/detergents. It was extremely frustrating. Fortunately, I was able to get into the allergist in the morning. Long story short - not really - I may have an allergy to peanuts. I am not allowed to have any nuts for a few weeks. Then, when I feel like I can be off all my drugs for five days, I can go in and be tested for that. I SOOOOO hope this isn't it. I live on peanut butter and can honestly say this is not a new craving for me. However, in the meantime, I have developed a paranoia about what my fries are being cooked in and what the ingredients are in my food. (Okay, so I had a blond moment when I bought my cereal and was smart enough to not buy the banana nut Cheerios, but for some reason that didn't extend to honey nut Cheerios, and I didn't catch on to that until two days later.) Any way, I am hoping to have that answer prior to our cruise and am really, really hoping it's not something I'll have to watch any more after that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment