
For the past seven or eight years Mom and I have made a girls' day out of going to this show. Okay, so there was one year Mom couldn't make it, but that didn't stop me from grabbing a friend and heading out. It's been quite entertaining and we've gathered quite a bit of information - for instance, I am not graceful enough to get in and out of a limo in jeans, so I am very doubtful I could handle it in a nice dress. (That's a fun story, but I'll save it for another day.) Any way, this year the gang was Mom, AJ, Aimee, and me. I actually spent the night at Brandon and Aimee's so we could practice a song prior to going down. While she taught guitar lessons in the morning, I was lucky enough to be able to play with their two cuties. They make me laugh, which is something I have desperately needed.
Speaking of laughter - this was probably the best moment of the day, well one of them. I thought we were all going to be in tears while taking our pictures. Anyone who knows me, knows this is not something I enjoy doing, but it was very fun. Before this, we ate our way through the show and enjoyed the fashion show. Aimee has decided she needs to learn how to be a wedding dress model, and we are all positive Brooklyn would love getting dressed up in the fancy little girl dresses to model them. We each had our fortune cookies, and decided the fortune got applied much better to someone else in our group. Mine said I should take the time to reach out to someone I love, even if it's long distance (okay, it was worded fancier than that). At this point Mom remembered she should probably call Dad and let him know they survived the trip through the Canyon. Aimee's talked about traveling a lot - Mom and I are getting to fewer and fewer days till our cruise, and she isn't married to someone who got the traveling bug. Mom's talked about how versatile she is, she didn't agree with that one, but we all did. I don't remember what AJ's said. My biggest stress for the day was trying to figure out which things I could eat and which I had to steer clear from - that's a totally new experience for me and I'm really hoping I don't have to get used to it.It really was a very fun day - and I don't usually bring out my camera, but there were some amazing cakes. AJ found one she absolutely loved, so we had to get a picture so her dad could see it. Some of the others are just ones I thought were cool - some are totally ones I would choose and others not so much. Anyway, just to keep bragging, we are definitely sure Russ could do just as good and definitely better than these! (Yep, we are all very proud of his skill.)

AJ's absolute favorite! She is obsessed with puppies!

















No comments:
Post a Comment