Just to illustrate, what a "wild and exciting" person I truly am - and it really doesn't bother me - allow me to share my New Year's Eve. It's actually more than I've done the past few years. In fact last year, I forced myself to stay up just to say I was up and was actually in bed reading a book. Followed by going to sleep at 1201. So, my friend, Melissa, and I decided we needed to do something this year, but neither of us are big on traffic and crowds. We decided to do a double feature. First we saw Nine (I would advise you not to waste your money there). Then her friend, Barbie, met up with us and we saw Did You Hear About the Morgans? (which was pretty cute). After the movie, we decided ice cream sounded pretty good, but any ice cream parlor was closed so we headed to Wal-mart to fix this craving. Yep, we actually rang in the new year at the check out stand of Wal-mart (considering how much time and money I spend there it might be pretty fitting). We did go over to Melissa's to play games and talk afterward and that was my celebration.
So, I am not one who enjoys making New Year's Resolutions - the reason being I am not good at keeping them. I've been able to set and reach goals throughout my life, but there is something (mainly being my mind set) about resolutions that I just don't do. So, here's the ultimate goal, and possibly a little bit of a wimp out, to BE HAPPY! Here's why I am doing this, like most people, I have a long list of things I think I should be changing and working on, but it gets so frustrating to look a that list and not see any progress or not enough progress. I figure this one big goal can fit just about anything that I want to work on. The other thing is I can reorganize it as needed (cleaning out the clutter in my home, exercising, eating better, being consistent in prayer, study and temple attendance, etc.) Like I said, maybe it seems like I am taking the easy way out, but this is what felt more appropriate than anything else I thought of when I started debating about this.
And, speaking of being happy, one of the things that makes me happiest is reading. I read somewhere of someone's goal last year to read 100 books. I've decided this is going to be my year to do this. I have no idea how many books I read in one year so I am interested in tracking this. The only thing I've decided is that if at the start of the year I was over half way into the book, it doesn't count on my list unless I decide to start over. Feel free to post some of your favorite books. I am always looking for something new!
No comments:
Post a Comment