25 June 2010

Real vs. San Jose Earthquakes


So, this won't go down as the best game ever, even close. It ended in a 0-0 draw, which really should not have happened. I don't think they were outplayed or anything. And the Earthquakes don't have the best record in the league - not the worst either. It did make me feel a little bit better to read the papers, etc., the day after and realize nobody was happy with the result and everyone seemed to recognize they could have and should have done better. Nick Rimando getting after his back line - he had a few chances to do that!
Will Johnson going up for a ball. (Still one of my absolute favorite players to watch.)
Ned Grabavoy has his turn in the mix - I am really glad he's getting more playing time, even if part of the reason is because Kyle Beckerman is out.
Chris Wingert gets his head on the ball. It's pretty impressive to see the pictures and realize how high off the ground they are getting because in the game it goes so fast and just doesn't always do it justice.
Then it's Jamison Olave's turn.
I am pretty sure that's Andy Williams going for the ball. They definitely made a come back in their next home game.
Doesn't look like anyone is having any kind of fun at this point in time, does it?
Race to the ball - again watching Johnson is quite fun.
Up against the goalie - did I mention he's everywhere - and it would appear I am not the only one who enjoys watching him play; there are a lot of pictures with him in it this go around.

No comments: