And we are off to a great start. First, we beat LA at their home, 3-1, which is pretty impressive. Then for our season opener, we beat New York Red Bulls 2-0. Fabian Espindola has now scored in both games and now Gil, our 18 year old, is on the board.

Rimando making a great save.
Gil celebrates his goal with Paul Jr.
Jonny Steele makes his RSL debut (I thought it was fun to have our new Irishman brought in on St. Patricks day. I'm sure that was part of Kreis' thinking.)
Javi goes down - he was a second half sub.
Going down - I look forward to him being back at full health, but at the same time, the next generation players have stepped up and we continue to be a strong team.
Wingert is ready to back up Javi.
Sabo reacts to a missed scoring opportunity (also brought into sub after the half because he's not at full strength).
Espindola continues to be a thorn in the other team's sides. I am liking him a lot this year. Haven't seen any tantrums. Hasn't pouted when a call isn't made or doesn't go his way. Has been playing both sides of the field and doing really well being where he needs to be and when.
Henry goes after Grabavoy - he's been stopped and didn't get to make any great plays.
Espindola's goal celebration - in tribute to his first child.
The man of the hour - Coach Kreis.
That just looks painful.
Another player I am glad is healthy and getting some playing time - there are several pictures of Paulo Jr.
The Rookie that nobody had ever heard of - and now everyone knows. I suspect he'll be in the running for rookie of the year, especially if he continues the way he's started these two games.
This is why he is the man - love Rimando.
Schuler is another player that has totally stepped up for injured players. If he keeps playing the way he is now, I actually think he could give Borchers a run for his money.
Best part of this - Ballouchy was traded by RSL to get Beckerman from Rapids. We have a winner with Beckerman, but I don't know how many teams Ballouchy has been on since that trade.
One of the best parts of the game, I don't have pictures of. At halftime, I was up at the walkway trying to get reception when I heard, "Here she is, Dad." I look over and there's AJ, Zach, and Russ. Russ had brought his soccer team down. AJ and Russ had been texting me during the day, which is pretty fun. They were pretty excited about pulling off the surprise, or so it seemed to me. In all truthfulness, I don't think I am that hard to surprise. They were excited to be at the game - I was excited to have them there. I love that there is a sports event that I can share with family members - and maybe even know more about what's going on, at least with this team. I hope they are able to come again.






































No comments:
Post a Comment