31 March 2012

Book Club 1 - March 2012

"A Train To Potevka will take you on an incredible, winter's journey across Great Mother Russia along the 6,000-mile Trans-Siberian Railway. This fascinating story about an American intelligence agent from a small town in Utah is a tale of failed espionage, escape, and second chances."

Yes, I have already finished this book.  I thought it was pretty interesting.  I sometimes had a hard time with the way he wrote and the way he jumped back and forth in time and circumstances.  One of the fun things about being in a book club is that even if I don't find that I love a book, I do always really enjoy the discussion of the book.  I don't necessarily change my opinion, but I am able to see more into it.  With this one, I kept getting caught up in between what's fiction and what's nonfiction as even the writer admitted there were parts of both.  I am smart enough to realize names are changed and some of the circumstances.  I thought it was kind of fun that he put his own romance in there.  We all need our loved ones around.  I liked how he stuck with his beliefs and was able to continue to move forward.  I would have liked to know more about where the breakdowns with his own team came into play and the whys.  In that way, I kind of felt like the book wasn't finished.  I look forward to discussing it and seeing what the other ladies in the club thing.

No comments: