13 May 2012

Mother's Day aka Ryder's Birthday

Mother's day this year happened to fall on Ryder's third birthday.  Truthfully, for me, there was no Mother's day celebration since my amazing and wonderful mother is actually enjoying herself on a cruise, so I made sure she had a gift before she left and enjoyed the festivities.  Brian and Hollie were nice enough to invite me up to their home for dinner, cake and ice cream.  I know that I am a bit biased, but seriously they have some of the cutest and sweetest kids ever.  I love them to bits and pieces.  Not only was dinner amazing and seeing the kids wonderful, after they went to bed I had a great time visiting with Brian and Hollie and doing a little bit of catch up before going over to break into Mom and Dad's to spend the night (alright, I actually found the spare key, but I wasn't sure if that was going to happen or not and I left mine at my place which really isn't that helpful). 
 If I remember right, I believe Grandma and Grandpa Ottley got him a bike, so this was a perfect accessory. 
 He was very excited about his new hat.  You can tell that Tyson looks very impressed.
 Thanks to guidance from his parents, I hit the jackpot by giving him this "cool truck." 
 He was playing with it before it was ever taken out of the box, which you know means it's a hit.
 Waiting for the birthday cake - I just love that face and smile.
 It took some waiting as there was a bit of a search to find something to light the candles with.
 But they were successful and here's the proof. 
 Tyson kept me very entertained.  He not only has his big brother's helmet on, but also his new hat.  He let me snuggle with him and was very polite when he wanted some of my drink with his "b-peez" although according to the mood ring app on my phone he kept feeling romantic around me - we'll need to work on that.
 A little bit better view.
 The only picture I got of Briley - and, of course, it's blurry.  This would be after her bloody nose, but no bruising so we're good.
 Tyson checks out more  of big brother's prizes. 
 Checking out his new remote control car. 
Just when I would shoot the picture, he'd drive the car out of view - he wasn't being too helpful to me, but he was having fun and that's what's important.  It was a fun night and I am so very blessed to have such amazing family, no matter which portion of it I get to hang out with at any given time.

No comments: