11 June 2008

Happy 61st Anniversary!

Today is my Grandparents' 61st anniversary - which is pretty unusual in this day and age. I consider myself very fortunate to have their examples in my life, not only in making it this far, but for the way they have lived their lives. They are both so humble and have such amazing testimonies. They are so supportive of all of us, doing whatever they can to show us this. They raised six kids, have 22 grandkids and 32 great-grandkids, with more on the way. Many of us have at least spent the night at their house and some of us have temporarily lived in their house. They opened their doors to me when I first moved to Salt Lake and was looking for my own place. I'm the first to admit that this made the transition from my parents' home to my own a little bit easier - and I think it may have helped ease some of my parents' fears and worries to know I was being watched over. I am so blessed to have them in my life and look forward to as many more years as I can with them.


No comments: