15 November 2008

Meeting Brooklyn

I got to spend Saturday with Aimee, Logan, and Brooklyn. I will admit, I hated waiting to see her for a whole week and a half, but I wanted to be off antibiotics and have my voice back and not feel like there was any threat of me passing along the strep to anyone in this household. To me it was a great day, and I hope that I was some help to Aimee (Brandon was at a conference of some sort). I got to read and play tractors with Logan. I was amazed while we played with his letters puzzle. He's two and a half and knows just about all of his letters. Recognizing the numbers was a little harder for him, but he still did great. Of course, cuddling with Brooklyn was wonderful! It was also great to share a chick flick with Aimee (27 Dresses). There was a little bit of an adventure as Logan all of a sudden decided he was going to help me with dinner. I had explained the oven was hot. We're pretty sure he didn't actually touch the oven rack (because we couldn't find any proof of burns), but there were lots of tears and drama involved (the fact that there had been no nap didn't help matters, but we tried to get him to do his quiet time, it just didn't happen). I am glad there was no damage done, but I hate it when the drama happens on my watch - you're only supposed to have fun with your aunt, right? Logan requested blanket time a few times while I was there. He's a little OCD, so it took him a while to get the blanket laid out just right and we weren't allowed to help him, because he is two. It was actually pretty hard not to laugh while he figured it out.
Overall, he was so gentle with her. He really wanted her to hold his hand and we had to remind him several times to be soft with her and that her arm doesn't bend that way. But he actually seemed to get great joy and excitement when she would hold his finger.
I missed his kiss, it lasted all of two seconds and he wasn't going to repeat it, but I at least got his smile afterward. He is pretty proud of "baby Bwooklyn." Come to think of it, I believe we're all pretty proud of her.

No comments: