I AM SO EXCITED!!!! I am going on my first ever cruise (unless you count across the Wansee or down the Rhein) in March. It's been a little bit of drama as the deposit was sent in and then the ship we were going to sail on was sold. All in all, it meant some of our destinations were changed and we moved up a couple of months. So, just in case you were curious the original itinerary was: Venice, Italy; Bari, Italy; Katakolon/Olympia, Greece; a day of cruising; Alexandria, Egypt (two days); Ashdod, Israel; Limassol, Cyprus; a day of cruising; Corfu, Greece; Split, Croatia; and back to Venice with an overnight there before heading back home. That would be thirteen days - if you're counting.
Now the itinerary is: Civitavecchia/Rome, Italy; Savona, Italy; day of cruising; Katakolon/Olympia, Greece; Piraeus/Athens, Greece; Rhodes, Greece; Limassol, Cyprus; Ashdod, Israel; Port Said and Alexandria, Egypt; two days of cruising; and then two nights in Rome before we fly home. That would be fifteen days.
I am being good and not starting the countdown - other than saying that it's seven months away. But this would be part of the reason why I put the countdown to New Moon on (also because I am also very excited about that) - it's just about the halfway point. I don't know what shore excursions will be available yet, but I don't think it really matters as far as upping my excitement level.
I get to travel with my Mom and Dad, Jen and Will, and my aunt and uncle, Beth and Donald. I don't know how much we'll all see each other, alright, I'll see Mom and Dad a lot since I'm sharing a room with them and getting a little bit of a cheaper rate as the third wheel. It's going to be great.Obviously, the pictures are in random order, but just a few things that I'll being seeing. So, with the change of plans, not only did we add on a couple days - we are cruising in a brand new ship. The former one was apparently about 30 years old (according to my Mom). The new ship just did it's first voyage in June. It will be great! Now the challenge is to stay focused on the things I need to be doing until then!

1 comment:
How cool!! That is going to be awesome and SO much fun!
Post a Comment