29 July 2009

MLS All-Star Game

Salt Lake City was able to host the MLS All-Star game against Everton FC. I have to admit, it was kind of a boring game. Actually, if I wanted to put a very nice spin on it, I could say it was quite the gentleman's game. The whole game there was only one yellow card. Several times both teams were nice enough to kick the ball directly to the goalie. This would explain why the game ended in a 1-1 tie, which meant there was a penalty kickoff. That truly was the most exciting part of the whole game and both goalies (Casey Keller for us and Tim Howard for them) made some great saves. Unfortunately, Tim Howard made one more great save so they won. After that he truly did deserve to get the MVP award. I was able to call that one! It was a sold out game, but I thought there were still a lot of empty seats. I don't understand the concept of spending the money on the tickets and not going to the game, but maybe that's just me. I know I'll be going to at least two more games this season because those tickets have already been purchased, but there is the possibility of going to a few more. We'll see what happens there. Parade of Flags prior to the game. We think it might be a flag for each country represented in the MLS, but no one ever really announced that.
Presenting the flag during the Star Spangled Banner.
Game Time!
Getting ready for the shootout. And various shots of it. The gray jersey goalie is Casey Keller and the green is Tim Howard. I was just very excited when I found the shots where you can actually see the ball going into the net - even more excited when it was our team shooting.









Our little game night group.

No comments: