The fourth of July weekend was fabulous. While I love the holiday, I am the first to admit, I'm not necessarily the biggest at the celebrations that go along with it. I am really and truly not a fireworks person. They just aren't the same without the Berlin duckpond. But this was also the weekend Brian and Hollie blessed Ryder, so after my shift at Build A Bear, I went up to
Smithfield for those festivities. I got their in time to see Dad construct a backdrop for Mom - for my cousin's in-law's fiftieth anniversary party. After that, Mom and I let Dad treat us to a movie. Wasn't that nice of us? We saw the proposal which was hilarious.
Sunday was a beautiful day. Brian gave a wonderful blessing and Ryder looked so handsome in his little white tuxedo - even though I didn't get a picture of it. You'll just have to take my word for it. It was fun sitting next to
Briley and Logan. The both decided they had good babies in their houses and were very excited about sharing. Afterward, there was a little luncheon at the pavilion in their townhouse area. Just a beautiful day. For whatever reason, I didn't have my camera with me, so all photos were taken on my phone, but they still turned out pretty good.

Don't you just love that face? Brooklyn is so sweet and she was just talking up a storm. Apparently she can be quite demanding. She just really loves to be held and there were plenty of us around to help out with that.

Ryder was also super sweet during the whole day. He just grinned and grinned, especially when Brandon was holding him. They've apparently really bonded in the two times they've met.
After the luncheon, we went back to Mom and Dad's.

Check out Zach's form. This kid has been addicted to sports almost since day one.

Brooklyn bonding with her Daddy. She kept smiling and cooing. It was great to watch.

What could possible go wrong here? We were all supervising, but it probably wasn't the best idea letting them have at it with the croquet mallets. They had a great time together and everyone played together so nicely. It just made the day wonderful.
No comments:
Post a Comment