08 May 2010

Real vs. Philadelphia

I actually was a little bit annoyed with this game - not for any reason that you might think. Since the Jazz were in the play offs, they changed the starting time for our game from 7 to 2. That didn't actually effect me, and, in all honesty, it worked a little bit better for me since I could run home afterward. I was annoyed because we do this for the Jazz, but they wouldn't even consider doing it for us. I do realize there are more Jazz fans than Real, but I was still annoyed by it. (I'm probably just annoyed because I don't like basketball and could care less how the Jazz did. And, it did effect some people's ability to come to the game when they had already made plans and arrangements.)

I wondered if this game would be a little more difficult because the Union's goalie was out former back-up goalie. I don't think friendship is the issue on the field so much as Seitz worked out with our team and knows their strengths, weaknesses, and how they work. However, if this is the case, there was no sign of it. Admittedly, the first half was kind of weak, even the coach said so. (He did say Beckerman was there for the whole game.) However, we won 3-0. And, on the plus side, the weather was fabulous and Brenda (Marcia wasn't able to make this game) and I were able to walk over to the stadium. I actually came away with sunburn on the arms (and now it's peeling).
Love watching Olave playing. He's huge.
Good to see Morales back from his injury.
Olave got to score again - two games in a row.
Celebrating another goal!
Getting a little piece of the action.
That one looks a little bit better of a shot.
Campos gets a bit of the ball (so I had to laugh at the Union's uniform. I think they could actually be kind of cool in theory, but I was looking at it just quickly out of the corner of my eye and it looked like they had their shirts open and were showing off their chests - and only the goalie wasn't tan to pull that off.)
In for the kill. Keeping the ball away from the goal.
I think we even won in this competition for the ball.
So, this guy Fabion Espindola is not my favorite player on the team, but he still deserves to celebrate.
Leo and Little Joe getting ready for their parade.
The teams take the field.
Let the games begin.
The huddle going on.
It was so fun. I have no regrets about buying the season tickets. It has been a total highlight to my week when there is a home game - or when it's on television on a channel I get. I am officially obsessed and loving every minute of it.

No comments: