01 May 2010

Real vs. Toronto FC

There are three home games in a row in May - I am especially excited about this. So the down side of this game - rain, snow, cold, wet - the up side we won: 2 -1. As usual, there were some questionable calls - I'll just leave it at that because I don't want to sound like a bitter fan who blames the referees (something I never thought I would be). (Again, scoured the internet looking for good picture of the game as well. I believe I found them in the Salt Lake Tribune.) Robbie Russell, who put in the game winning penalty kick during the championship game, was this week's ticket boy.
Scary time as Jamison Olave was knocked unconscious for a little bit. He came back, walked it off (okay that's a little bit scary to me, but I'm not the professional), and actually scored our first goal.
Celebrating goal number two, made by Andy Williams. Made even more special when you realize his wife has been in and out of the hospital with issues with cancer. The whole team cheers him on.
A few of my favorite players - Will Johnson (I had to laugh and keep laughing when Marcia called him "little Will"). . .
Our goalie, Nick Rimando. . .
And our team captain, Kyle Beckerman. (Other two favorite players would be Jamison Olave and Chris Wingert - I was glad to see him get back on the field for a little bit toward the end of the game after being injured and having to sit out a few games.)
Practice time prior to the game.
Practicing the corner kick. We had a ton of these during the game so it's very important to keep practicing these.
Coming onto the field for the National Anthems (they had someone sing "O Canada" as well).
It was kids' day. So Leo the Lion had his cub - don't know if there is an actual relationship or not, but he was pretty cute.
Team captains meet before the game. I don't know if they do a coin toss or what, but they met up.
And the action started. I love our seats. The team played a lot of time down on our side of the field during the first half - which is good since that's the goal we needed to score on.
Setting up one of many penalty shots.
Andy Williams hurrying to join in after his corner kick.
Will Johnson prepping for his kick.
Did I mention we had a few of these? (And yes, I have more shots of them, but it's all pretty much the same.)
Nick Rimando in goal, down on our side of the field. This would be after the half. This would also be when it really started getting wet so I put the camera away.

No comments: