13 May 2010

Real vs. Houston

This was dubbed a huge deal match - we haven't beat Houston forever and we've had a lot of things go wrong during our matches with them. Fortunately, this go round, we changed things up. Final score 3-1. The weather cooperated for the most part and it was reasonably warm and didn't start to rain until the end of the game. The last twenty minutes of the game, Houston played mean - not aggressive, mean. There were so many calls that could have and should have been made, but I don't know that the referees could have kept up with them all. It was pretty bad. It was a great night - and I was very much hyper by the end of it. I could have done without some of the swearing going on behind me, but I'm not the one yelling it (I so don't understand what people think it accomplishes). Nick Rimando getting ready for the save (Olave can't afford to go down too many more times).
Beckerman and Williams fight for the ball.
Another great save (against the guy who scored on penalty kicks the last time we met up).
So, there was one yellow card against Borchers (I would say he was the player of the game this go round, even with the card). His defense was awesome.
Findley gets a piece of the ball (this guy had a pretty obvious foul later on against Findley and so did not like it when he got called on it).
Beckerman goes up for the ball - not sure who actually made contact.
The celebration after one of the goals.
Wingert getting a piece of the ball. (So glad he's healed and back playing.)
Pretty sure that should be something. I just don't think anyone needs to be holding onto Warner's jersey.
Johnson getting his piece of the action.
So there were a few touches on the ground!
Javier Morales graced the front of the ticket this go around.
Practicing before the game. It's been kind of fun to be able to actually get to the games in time to watch some of the warm up stuff going on.
Reynish, back-up goalie, takes a few shots.
The pre-game scrimmage, runs, etc.
Leo and Little Joe get ready for the parade. Little Joe is done by a different kid each week - not sure how they choose who gets to go in.
She was pretty cute though.
It wasn't till afterward that we discovered Marcia's niece, Emma, got to walk out with the players as part of the dream team. She walked out with Olave and her friend got to walk out with Wingert. Yep, I am just a little bit jealous, but I've had time and can process through it.
They had servicemen and their families holding a great big flag. It was pretty cool to see. They've had someone representing the services at each of the game during the National Anthem.
And now we'll have a few action shots (I think total game this go around we only got one corner kick):
(Did I mention this game was televised - so the green vest all said broadcast on it?)

And the final score - so important to know that and we have now moved up in the rankings!

No comments: