17 July 2010

Little Valley Days

Once again, it was time for Little Valley Days. I am not sure why but we didn't go last year. Again, we were able to land in Aunt Trena's yard, which truly is prime real estate for the fireworks. We were also close enough that we could hear the band, without necessarily having to join in on the festivities.

Briley and Logan discovered the great climbing tree and rather enjoyed themselves in it. Briley took a turn posing for us.
I actually had to get into the tree to get Logan's good picture. (Once again, the climbing was not a big issue for me, but I was very happy to have Brian holding the ladder when it came time to get out of the tree. I was in a little bit of a panic at that point in time, but think I hid it well - after I told Brian he couldn't walk away just because the little one were out of the tree.)We decided to try to walk around the lake, which actually didn't last for very long. It really is a sweet picture to get it from the back. Don't know why I love it so much, but I do.
We had Brooklyn and Ryder share a stroller - don't they look so excited about that.
We did manage to get somewhat of a smile from Ryder, but Brooklyn wasn't ever completely sold on it.
Time for a little bit of catch, or whatever version she decided to play.
Ryder and Brooklyn took turns kind of throwing the balls to Brian. Neither of them have great distance at this point in time, but they are only one.
And the dual crouch. Not so much playing together as side by side competing for the grown ups attention.
Once I sat down on the ground, I became her own personal jungle gym. And this is why we were keeping her away from her Mom. Especially since she got me in the jaw with her head a couple of times. That definitely wouldn't have been good for Aimee at this point in time.
There was a little bit of a conference by the stairs - not sure what the discussion was but it stopped when a grown up came by.
AJ took the video and I had no idea she was doing it. It was a fun night. The fireworks show was pretty incredible. Brooklyn started out cuddling with me, but then decided she needed Grandma. So I ended the show cuddling with Briley. That's not a bad thing.

No comments: