11 July 2010

World Cup Fever!

I freely admit I got caught up in the World Cup fever. My issue was the time of the games. I had to record everything and figure out when the best time was to try to watch everything. Mainly, I just watched the goals on each game and there were some extremely impressive and amazing goals. Of course, I was initially cheering for the US, but, truthfully, I don't think they really played like they were in it to win it and couldn't feel extremely bad when they went home. For someone who takes pride for their nation very seriously hard this is kind of hard for me to admit. Then, I had to turn to my second home and cheer for Germany. That was apparently the kiss of death because they didn't last much longer. When it came down to the final, I don't think I was as invested in who won. I was excited to see a game where no matter who won it would be the first time. That's a game to watch because they have everything to lose and everything to win. I know it sounds like I jumped on the bandwagon after but I am glad Spain won. Mainly because I really enjoyed watching David Villa play. And just in case you're curious and want to know, here's the history of winners of the World Cup:

World Cup champions
2010 » Spain
2006 » Italy
2002 » Brazil
1998 » France
1994 » Brazil
1990 » West Germany
1986 » Argentina
1982 » Italy
1978 » Argentina
1974 » West Germany
1970 » Brazil
1966 » England
1962 » Brazil
1958 » Brazil
1954 » West Germany
1950 » Uruguay
1938 » Italy
1934 » Italy
1930 » Uruguay

No comments: