31 July 2010

Real vs. DC United


The final activity for the month (if you were counting: 3 concerts, 3 fireworks shows, and 3 games) was against DC United. I got to introduce Chandee to soccer and it was a good game for her to start with, even if we did get drenched. (I did have to laugh since she also noticed the refs did not always seem to call things fairly, like in the favor of the other team and they were able to get away with a lot more things than we could - and I didn't even say anything about it as she asked me questions.) I left the wedding right after the ceremony so I could get to the game. We weren't too late, but we did get there right after the first goal was scored, which was thirteen minutes into the first half. Oh well. The important news, Beckerman played the whole game. The sad news, Morales left with an injury to his foot. We'll have to see how that plays out in the future as there is no news yet. Final score: 3-0. Getting into a discussion with the other team.
That could have hurt.
Saborio going in for the play - this wasn't his best game ever.
Findley getting in for the ball. Again, I don't think this was his best game either, but he did score our second goal.
Williams going in for the ball.
I am pretty sure there shouldn't be the jersey pull, but there was no call.
Wingert gets some height while going for the ball (I think he was actually called for this play).
Going for the header.
And he got it.
Some fancy footwork going on.
Celebrating with Nelson Gonzales. (He was brought in the final four stoppage time minutes and made an extremely sweet goal.)
He was extremely happy with his goal - can't say that I blame him.
Not really sure if he was happy or sad here. Could have been yelling at the refs for a bad call or running in to celebrate a goal.
Did I mention it was a little bit wet on the field? There was a lot of time spent on the ground as players did a their own slipping and sliding.
Great way to end a great month. And I am finally up to date on the blog.

No comments: