What better way to spend a weekend off than by getting spiritually uplifted by our Church leaders? To some, it may seem like we just hear the same things over and over again. For me, there is always new insight on the "old topics" as well getting the reminders I need to make it through this life. Being grateful, being kind to each other, going to the temple, knowing we are all children of God, reaching out to others. I don't go into Conference feeling like I am going to necessarily hear any great and marvelous new things, so much as if I listen I will hear what I need to hear to help me at this point in my life. And this was the case. I was thrilled to hear about five new temples - that's always incredible.
And, then there is the tradition Aimee and I started a few years back. While Brandon goes to Priesthood session, I go to their house to have dinner, play with the kids, and watch at least one chick flick with her before leaving a few extra for her to enjoy. It was just about the greatest feeling in the whole world to pull up to the house and have Logan run out to greet me. Okay, it probably would have been better if we didn't do our hugging and spinning in the road, but I loved it. Then to have Brooklyn do her toddler run over to me for another big hug, it just doesn't get any better than that. Logan couldn't wait to show off his new skill. He can ride a bike with no training wheels. He beat me to that milestone by a long shot. I was in fifth or sixth grade before I mastered that skill (not for lack of trying on my Dad's part). This was a night of celebration for me, which may sound funny, but I truly felt like myself again. Having Logan and Brooklyn jumping on me and wanting to be with me, I don't know, there is something extra special about the unconditional love you get from a child (even if you are sore the next day from it). A few pictures of some of the cutest kids in the world - again I am biased.
And, then there is the tradition Aimee and I started a few years back. While Brandon goes to Priesthood session, I go to their house to have dinner, play with the kids, and watch at least one chick flick with her before leaving a few extra for her to enjoy. It was just about the greatest feeling in the whole world to pull up to the house and have Logan run out to greet me. Okay, it probably would have been better if we didn't do our hugging and spinning in the road, but I loved it. Then to have Brooklyn do her toddler run over to me for another big hug, it just doesn't get any better than that. Logan couldn't wait to show off his new skill. He can ride a bike with no training wheels. He beat me to that milestone by a long shot. I was in fifth or sixth grade before I mastered that skill (not for lack of trying on my Dad's part). This was a night of celebration for me, which may sound funny, but I truly felt like myself again. Having Logan and Brooklyn jumping on me and wanting to be with me, I don't know, there is something extra special about the unconditional love you get from a child (even if you are sore the next day from it). A few pictures of some of the cutest kids in the world - again I am biased.


No comments:
Post a Comment