26 June 2011

Home Again, Home Again - Almost

Last day of the journey, sort of.  It was the last day of the journey to Mom and Dad's house.  So close enough   We could have taken a little longer and spent one more night in a hotel, but I think we were all ready to be  home.  On our way out, we had seen this statue of Abraham Lincoln, which normal I am fond of, but for some reason this one just came across as a bit creepy to me.


It didn't get any better on closer inspection.

And the guy who was responsible for it wasn't that much easier on the eye according to this relief.

When we did get back to Mom and Dad's this is what welcomed us.  We were able to figure out later that would be Maya's body being traced.


Brian and Hollie brought their cute family over so we got to spend a little bit of time with them. And share our experiences.



And how can you not absolutely love these faces?






 
OK, that's how I feel about all of the nieces and nephews. (So, the other amazing, fabulous part of this journey completely has to do with my absolutely amazing, fabulous, wonderful family who decided to surprise me with an early birthday present of very much needed new tires for my car.  I love them so much.)

No comments: