We left and made our way as far as Sioux Falls today. We were able to stop at Council Bluffs/Winter Quarters. It's pretty incredible.
The Winter Quarters Temple. So pretty.

In front of the Visitors' Center.

I just thought the one little flower was pretty cool.
AJ trying out the packing the wagon challenge.

Checking out what was left
behind.

I love that music was always a big part of their lives, even through all the trials and struggles they went through.

Gorgeous old chest.

Couldn't resist taking a picture of the flute.

They actually had to move this statue to save it from the flooding going on.
They had an amazing display downstairs. The sculptor depicted different scenes from the life of Christ. I couldn't choose a favorite one. Feel free to browse.













Then we went across the street to the cemetery.

Just in case you couldn't tell.

For some reason, the single rose really struck me.

Strike a pose.

Different angle of the temple.
We weren't able to take our planned route over the Missouri River but we were able to get over and do a little bit of backtracking to walk across the bridge. Because the water was so high, I didn't feel as
panicked walking across because it didn't seem like it was that high. Still didn't like feeling it move as we walked across.

Even though I know this is not how it's supposed to be. It is pretty.

Don't think the trees are supposed to be covered.

Doing our standing in two states.

Just thought this was a cool view.

Mom and Dad said this statue has people that are actually eight or nine feet tall - they are immersed now. That's a lot for the river to rise.
Our next stop was to
Kanesville to see the
Tabernacle there. Dad did some family history prior to trip and found out one of our relatives helped in constructing it. There were actually 200 pioneers who built the Tabernacle in two and a half weeks for the sole purpose of sustaining the new prophet. This is where the new First Presidency was sustained and set apart.

Probably just a weed, but I loved the colors.

The new First Presidency with Brigham Young as the Prophet.

The replica of the original
tabernacle.
No comments:
Post a Comment