"Loretta LaRoche is sick
to death of diets and diet books. Not a day goes by without an article
appearing in the media that reveals some food that could be harmful or
helpful to our health. Food has become either demonic or divine. Were
doing it!"
In a training, we were shown a video
clip of Loretta LaRoche from her stress management seminars. She is
hilarious. I love her matter of fact approach to things and love some
of the things she says. When it comes to weight loss, the things we
seem to lose track of are the common sense things - move more, eat
less. She acknowledges it's not always that easy for some people, but
it's the basic thing that needs to be done. She looks at some of the
fad diets and the reality. I admit, I would love to have a quick fix to
the whole weight situation and just automatically be right where I want
to be, but that's not the reality of it - unless you become extremely
ill and some of the diets people try will quite quickly put them in that
boat. If you are looking for a realistic view of things, with a few
good laughs, without being condescending - I think this
is your book. I want to read some of her other ones - if for no other reason than I love their titles.

No comments:
Post a Comment