21 April 2012

Love Some Soccer

Since I needed to get an oil change in my car, I decided to make a trip home and take advantage of having a brother for a mechanic.  I also took the chance to see Briley, Zach, and AJ play their soccer games.  I've never seen Briley and Zach play (make sense since this is Briley's first year playing) and I think AJ was six or seven when I last saw her.  In other words, it's been a day or two.  Brian is coaching Briley's team and Russ coaches AJ's team.  AJ and Zach are both on competitive teams and both play goalie, which I always think would be the worst position, but not only do they like it, but they are really good.  I was super-impressed with some of the saves they both made.

First up was Briley:
 It's still the age of the "bunch ball."


 Pretty sure her team didn't win, but if you asked her if she had fun there was no hesitation.  I think you could even hear her laughing and she ran up and down the field.
 Brian doing his coaching job.  Ryder had to join them.
 Pretty sure he'll be playing as soon as he's the right age.  He informed us he couldn't run because his leg was broken, but he still had some pretty good control for a two and a half year old. 
 It was still a little chilly in the morning.  But, getting to cuddle with this little guy definitely helped.

After a short break, it was Zach's turn, where he debuted his dragon goalie jersey.
 He looks a little bit lonely.  I do know his team won by a landslide.  Apparently in this league after so many goals the leading team has to play a man down.  We started 8 v 8 and it ended 6 v 9.  Zach made some great saves and his teammates had some amazing goals!
 
 
 Trying to track the ball.

 I love this kid - he's pretty dang cute.

The afternoon ended with AJ's team.  Unfortunately, her team did get defeated 0-1, but it was an amazing shot.  (I think she could have saved it if she all of a sudden grew a foot.)  She had some absolutely incredible saves.  Her teammates all congratulated her and told her how great she did.  I can't disagree.

 Go, Happy Feet!
 Getting razzed by her teammates while leaving the field after the game.
 I am seriously so proud of this girl!  (And not just because of her soccer skills.  Granted I can say that for all eight of my nieces and nephews.)
And this is the end result for me.  You can definitely tell where my clothing ended.  I have one more nephew who is playing this year and am hoping to go watch him this next weekend.  Apparently he scored today, but it's tough to be in two places at once to see everyone.

No comments: