07 April 2012

Rocky Mountain Cup Round 1!

It's one of our big rivalry games.  With the new unbalanced schedule, we'll play Colorado three times this year - twice at home and once away.  The Rocky Mountain Cup goes to the winner of the accumulated goals.  Makes sense.  I am enough of a realist to admit that even though the scoreboard says we won 2-0, after I saw the replay of the second goal, it should have been called a handball.  There were, as always, several plays during the game that should have been called and weren't, including what should have been a straight red when one of their players put his hands on our player's face.  Regardless of all of that, the score was 2-0, and we are in a pretty good position heading into the next few rounds.  It's sad to realize that there isn't another home game for awhile.  Glad they are now being broadcast here.
Celebrating his goal, whether he should have had it or not.



The goalie jersey colors are horrible this year.

Celebrating Saborio's goal.  It was pretty  cool, but I think there were some better ones up for Goal of the Week on MLS.com.  It still won.
I love watching this guy play.
Apparently part of our goal celebrations this year involve someone jumping on top of the scorer's back.
(Tony Beltran made Cosmo's list of sexiest soccer players in the MLS.  I can only imagine the teasing he is getting from his teammates.)

Every time this guy, don't remember his name, touched the ball, the whole stadium boo-ed.  I don't agree with that.  I actually think it's ridiculous, but I prefer that over having people boo when someone is down on the field because they are injured.


Gil had some pretty good runs on the ball.  I do think Coach Kreis was very smart to take him off the field after being shoved in the face.  He should not have been shown a yellow in that part of the game.


Don't think Beckerman should have been shown the card either.  Or Olave.  All I want in a game with the referees, whether they are good or bad, is to be consistent for both sides.  Olave got booked for the exact same play that a Colorado player did against Saborio a few minutes earlier.


I don't like the jersey pulling either - that works both ways Fabi!

I still think Mullan is a dirty player.  The elbow to a player's face and a few questionable tackles didn't help change my opinion.


No comments: