"Written for J.R.R. Tolkien’s own children, The Hobbit met with instant critical acclaim when it was first published in 1937. Now recognized as a timeless classic, this introduction to the hobbit Bilbo Baggins, the wizard Gandalf, Gollum, and the spectacular world of Middle-earth recounts of the adventures of a reluctant hero, a powerful and dangerous ring, and the cruel dragon Smaug the Magnificent"
So,
it took me a bit to read this one - first because it's not in my usual
love genre, and then I knew I wouldn't actually be at book club this
month. I will admit it was much easier for me to follow than The Lord
of the Rings Trilogy. I do look forward to the movie now - novel idea
to actually have read the book before the movie. Past that, I didn't
find myself much caring what happened to Bilbo and his merry dwarfs and
whether or not they got their treasure. I was pretty at how selfish the
leader of the dwarfs became once they did get their stuff. But, at the
same time, how hard would it realistically be for me to share if I were
to become wealthy. I don't think I will ever be in a position to
actually find that out.
No comments:
Post a Comment