We got a late start today, totally on purpose, as we went back up to downtown DC. First we went back to National Archives.

I think there is a lot of truth to this statement. I wish I knew who said it.

We wandered through the sculpture garden and were once again reminded just how subjective art really is. Spider anyone?

I love fountains and water and this was is no exception.

Or
maybe you'd prefer a giant thinking rabbit.

I'm sure if the actual artist were to read this, I would offend him or her, but this looked like a giant pyramid of sugar cubes. I'm sure that wasn't what the artist was going for.

I don't remember for sure what building this was outside of.

The Supreme Court building.

Close up of some of the detail.

From a different angle. There were scouts on the front steps (they were everywhere!).

One of the statues in front of the building. She's titled
The Contemplation of Justices.
It's an amazing beautiful door. It's not used anymore, but it's gorgeous just the same.

No one is letting me in!

It's not working for Jen either.

And his name is
The Authority of Law.
On to one of my very favorites places - The Library of Congress.

After the first library burnt to the ground, Thomas Jefferson sold about 6,000 books to start the new library (as well as pay off some of his debts).

I'm Here! I could very easily get lost in here, if I lived closer and had a good reason for research to get my own library card.

Actually, this time it was closed by the time we got here, but still I'm so close to tons and tons of books.

Jen couldn't resist a slide down the banister.
No comments:
Post a Comment