It's always interesting to be in charge of sharing time. One never knows what's going to happen. Plus, even though it's been a year and a half, I still get nervous, even though it's "just kids." Alright, so I also got nervous this week because there were new teachers, substitutes, and a member of the bishopric walked in. It's not like I am teaching false doctrine (at least not knowingly), but I still go to my nervous place as I persevere.This whole month is about missionaries and I got to teach about being faithful and obedient (hence the handout). Things were going pretty well and I was doing fine with keeping it together, until we started talking about Abinidi (for anyone who doesn't know, he is a Book of Mormon prophet who was an amazing missionary and, ultimately, died by fire for refusing to stop preaching until his message was delivered). We talked about how as far as we know, he didn't have any baptisms (Alma was already a member), but he was absolutely successful. When I asked what happened to Abinidi, our cute little M quite naturally and innocently responded, "He got fired." It really did not help me to look at all the teachers and see them wiping their eyes as they quietly laughed. You really can't argue with that. Our bishopric member liked that so much he announced from the pulpit in sacrament meeting as he introduced our speakers (all Primary teachers, so there was a tie in). I love my calling - and what comes out of our kids' mouths is definitely one of the reasons why I enjoy it so much.
No comments:
Post a Comment