
After Melissa and I had decided we would wait and not do High School Musical at the Capitol Theatre, we changed our minds, got tickets, and headed out. I am a fan! Of course, they couldn't do it exactly like the movie, but I really did like it. I really thought the added romance between Mrs. Darbus and Coach Bolton was a nice touch at the end, even if it did mean they killed off Troy's mom, although there's no mention of what really happened to her. It was fun and upbeat and I was dancing in my seat. It was also fun to see all of the little kids for on their night out at the theater.And, to add to my dorkiness, the High School Musical Bear was released at Build-A-Bear the day after I went to the show. No, I haven't bought it yet, but I did make a deal with one of the managers that I would buy it for her and she would buy it for me, so neither of us felt stupid buying it for ourselves (not that it would stop me). It's so cute. And because it was a release, they let me wear my High School Musical t-shirt to work, which helped me to score some serious cool points with the birthday party I did.
Yes, sometimes I do need a reminder that I am 33. This week I was very much basking in the child side of life.
No comments:
Post a Comment